Information we collect and how we collect it
We require you to provide certain information about yourself when you register with certain of the Services. We may receive information about you when you respond to requests for feedback when you participate in contests and surveys, and when you submit postings to public areas of this Services (e.g., moderated discussions and bulletin boards).
- Information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified (“Personal Data”) which may include:
- name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address,
- certain business information such as employer name, occupation, industry, job function, job title and buying information (e.g., preferences or history),
- certain optional information such as birth date, birthplace, mother’s maiden name, gender, geolocation information, zip code, biographical information, personal interests,
- Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Google/ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN/SKYPE user name (or similar usernames), and
- photos, videos, audio files that may contain your image or voice, when you register with them, use the particular products or services or post content on a blog site as a guest with authoring rights, as applicable.
- We may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number. Services only collect Personal Data with your knowledge.
- Certain data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) which is considered “Usage Data” may also be collected. Some examples:
- When you visit the Services, we may collect the IP address of your Device.
- We also use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies your Device and tracks your behaviour on the Services.
We may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request, as well as pages you have visited of our partner and affiliate websites and the products you were interested in that site. We do not collect Personal Data in this way, but if you provide us with Personal Data, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
How we use your information
We use Personal Data collected via the Services for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services. To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Services.
- To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
Usage Data may be used for:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP. Estimate the total number of users visiting SATAweb websites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services, or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse. Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- The Services may display your IP address to the owners or maintainers of certain journals or Blogs when you post to those journals or Blogs and the owner or maintainer has enabled functionality on the sites for this purpose.
We may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Services. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of the Services are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally. Cookies, Cookies, both session ID cookies and persistent cookies which remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Services. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Services.
Unless you opt-out, we may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of SATAweb and our affiliates, including e-mail newsletters or promotional offers for SATAweb services. See our opt-out policies below.
We may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may opt-out of receiving third party offers at any time. See our opt-out policies below.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect the Personal Data we collect via the Services from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Rights to access and change information
- SATAweb aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
- Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
- If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to SATAweb. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You may view and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the newsletter or website registration page for this Site, or which you submitted to request a print publication, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by such other means as we may from time to time make available to you. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
You have the right to opt-out of any of our Services and communications. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send. All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt-out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted. We will not share identifying contact data on our users who have opted out of a specific channel unless they engage and consent through other SATAweb opt-in email subscription or lead generation channels. Users that have opted out of a specific channel will be removed from the channel’s deployment list within 10 business days.
You may also opt-out of receiving the third party offers from a Service at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “opt-out – third party” or by such other means as we may from time to time make available to you.
Information related to children
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information (from children under 13 years of age. The Services are not directed at children under 13 years of age, but we recognize that with proper adult supervision some parents might permit their children to visit and utilize the Services. COPPA requires that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians in order for children under 13 years of age to use certain features of the Services.
The information we may collect may include information from which children that may be personally identified include names, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, buying information (e.g., preferences or history), birth date, birthplace, parents name, gender, geolocation information, zip code, biographical information, personal interests, and Facebook/Twitter/Google/ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN/SKYPE user name (or similar user names), when you register with them, use the particular products or services, or post content on a blog site as a guest with authoring rights, or photos, videos, audio files that may contain children’s image or voice as applicable.
Once parental or guardian notice and consent has been verified, the information we collect will be treated the same as information collected from any other user of the Services. Without verified parental notice and consent, we will not knowingly collect personal information of children under 13 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently collected such information, we will promptly delete it, provided that we will not delete the information needed to (i) protect the security or integrity of the Site or Services; (ii) take precautions against liability; (iii) respond to judicial process; or (iv) to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety; and where such information is not be used for any other purpose.
How Parents Can Access their Children’s Personal Information:
If you request that no further information about your child be collected or used, we will be required to terminate your child’s ability to use the Services that require a user to “sign in.”
For purposes of this Section 9, persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites or online services, such as a username is also considered personal information. Where the Site or Services collect a persistent identifier and no other personal information and such identifier is used for the sole purpose of providing support for the internal operations of the Site or the Service, no notice will be given.
Data Protection Authority – GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, as noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Help Line: 0303 123 1113, +44 1625 545 700.
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom